CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATOR (Full Time)
Reply to: CWSPortland@outlook.com
Our award winning Architecture and Interior Design firm is looking to add to its growing team of design professionals. With a hands-on approach to project design and management, the firm embraces the idea that great architecture is the product of great relationships, and that starts with its employees. Over a 25 year company history, the firm has cultivated a hardworking, passionate, and sociable work culture in an open office environment. We offer schedule flexibility, commitment to professional development and a full suite of employee benefits. Located just outside of Portland, in Scarborough Maine, our new office is located on Route One with on-site parking, easy access to the Eastern Trail and is close to popular restaurants and shops.
The successful candidate will be well rounded in all facets of planning, developing, managing, and documenting the physical implementation of projects. Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills and project management experience as well as demonstrate solid attention to details, accuracy and completeness.
The successful candidate must meet the following qualifications and demonstrate the ability to perform or learn the required responsibilities of the position:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree. Professional education in the field of construction management is preferred, but not required; Professional education in other related fields may be beneficial and would be considered;
- Have 5-10 years’ experience and interest in the professional aspects of the design and construction industries, including implementing various sustainable design initiatives, such as the LEED rating system;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, PDF editing programs, and common construction management software;
- Though not a design position, candidates should demonstrate rudimentary understanding of AutoCAD and Revit design tools to provide value to the construction process.
- Command experience with fire-rated assemblies, building codes and accessibility code requirements;
- Work with Owners and Contractors to develop value analysis and detailed capital needs assessments for planning upgrades to existing facilities; and,
- Be capable of organizing and managing workload independently under the direction of the firm’s principals and architects.