Preservation + Adaptive Reuse
CWS Architects is proud to have participated in numerous award-winning Historic Preservation Tax Credit renovations of projects listed on the Federal Park Service's National Register of Historic Preservation.
- 2015 Cony Flatiron Senor Apartments, Augusta, ME, renovation of former Cony High School into 48 units - LIH + Historic Preservation Tax Credits2013 Elm Terrace, Portland, ME, 38 unit renovation and addition to the former Children's Hospital on High Street in Downtown Portland
- 2012 Park Street School Apartments, Kennebunk, ME, renovation and addition to the Park Street School into 30 residential units - RD, LIH and Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- 2011 Maine Hall Apartments, Bangor, ME, Renovation of existing historic Maine Hall on the Bangor Theological Seminary campus to 30 elderly apartments - LIH + Historic Preservation Tax Credits; LEED Silver
- 2009 Bessey Commons Senior Community, Scarborough, ME, historic preservation of former Bessey School into 55 one bedroom senior apartments - LIH + Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- 2008 Cousens School Senior Housing, Kennebunk, ME, preservation of historic Cousens School into 28 one and two bedroom apartments - LIH Tax Credits