At CWS Architecture + Interior Design, we know that our firm’s success is a direct reflection of our employees. We are committed to providing architects and interior designers with the resources they need to excel, including the encouragement of professional growth and career development.
Our hands-on, collaborative work environment gives every member of the CWS team an opportunity to be engaged and active throughout the entire design process. With a large capacity to take on a broad range of projects, from commercial and residential to medical and industrial, CWS Architects provides design professionals with the opportunity for diverse work. We are committed to providing clients with the most innovative, contemporary designs that balance the client’s vision with the design expertise of the CWS team.
We are often looking for motivated designers who share a passion for architecture and want to be on the cutting edge of the latest design trends. With a sociable work culture that continues to grow and thrive, CWS Architects is a firm where design professionals can flourish.
Interested in a career with CWS Architects? See the job openings down below and contact our team here.
Interior Designer (Full Time)
Our award-winning Architecture and Interior Design firm is looking to add a full-time Interior Designer to our growing team of design professionals. We offer schedule flexibility, commitment to professional development and standard employee benefits. CWS is conveniently located in the Oak Hill Village area of Scarborough, Maine. CWS traditionally works in an open-office environment, but we are currently working semi-remotely, until regional COVID infection rates allow us to return to our design studio full time.
The successful interior design candidate requires excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The position provides opportunities to collaborate, design and coordinate throughout all aspects of projects with teams internal and external to the firm. The ideal candidate can efficiently multi-task independently while continuing to support multiple projects.
A Successful Candidates Must Have:
• 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
• 5-7 years of commercial or housing experience
• Working towards or currently a NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer
• Experience in all phases of a project, including programming, schematic design, presentation materials, preparation of design and construction documents, renderings, and construction administration activities under routine guidance.
• Competency in interior design drawings and specifications, industry standards, application of building codes, finish material selections
• Ability to thrive in an open office environment and remotely, as required.
• Proficiency with design technology including Revit and AutoCAD
• Knowledge of rendering design technology a plus but not required
• Ability to prepare thoughtful and strategic solutions for Projects
• Ability to effectively participate as a member of a project team
• Experience in preparing Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) packages
• Strong visualization and presentation graphics, from concept design to delivery of construction documents
Professional education is required. Candidates with proficiency in designing corporate, government and multi-family residential housing will be considered a priority over other candidates. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email a copy of your resume, cover letter and portfolio to CWSportland@outlook.com for consideration.
The successful candidate will be well rounded in all facets of developing, managing, and documenting architectural design project documents. Candidates must have solid production skills and be proficient in construction detailing.
Successful Candidate Must:
• Have 4-8 years’ experience in a professional firm
• Demonstrate strong competency and efficiency in AutoCAD and Revit (work samples required)
• Be capable of producing construction documents under the direction of the firm’s principals and architects
Professional education in the field of architecture is preferred, but not required. Responses from non-degreed and intern/registered architects will be considered. Candidates with Revit proficiency will be considered a priority over other candidates. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to: CWSportland@outlook.com for consideration.