LEED and Passive House Certifications and Awards:
Since its inception, CWS Architects has been a regional leader in working to develop and/or restore existing structures to be sustainable well into the future. With every project, CWS Architects searches for the best solution – one that melds the owner’s vision with the firm’s design expertise. As part of that philosophy, CWS promotes mainstream green design (green by default) concepts in the core of the planning process and strives to protect our clients’ investments by carefully thinking through and detailing solutions that work into the future. The following is a list of recent LEED awards received by CWS Architects.
• Village Centre Apartments, Brewer, ME. Maine first Passive House certified large-scale development and the first large-scale cold-climate Passive House certified project in America. MULTIFAMILY – WINNER 2016 PHIUS Passive House Projects Competition. Completed 2015
• CEI Central Office, Brunswick, ME. Awarded LEED Platinum certification by the USGBC, CEI was Awarded Completed 2015
• Elm Terrace, Renovation and New Construction Addition, Portland, ME. Maine’s first LEED Platinum-certified Historic Preservation Tax Credit Project. Completed 2013
• Oak Street Lofts, Maine’s first LEED Platinum Affordable Housing Project. New Construction, Portland, Maine. New England Real Estate Journal’s Green Building Project of the Month, July 2012; USGBC–LEED for Homes 2012 Outstanding Developer Award; Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Award in Green Housing. Completed 2012
• Maine Hall Apartments at the former Bangor Theological Seminary, Bangor, ME. Maine’s first LEED Silver Historic Preservation Affordable Housing Project. Maine Preservation Award: 2012
• Coca-Cola Packaging Plant, Atlanta, GA. Awarded LEED Bold certification by the USGBC. Completed in 2011.