CWS Architects has been a regional leader in developing and/or restoring existing structures to be sustainable well into the future. With every project, CWS Architects searches for the best solution – one that melds the owner’s vision with the firm’s design expertise. As part of that philosophy, we promote mainstream green design concepts in the core of the planning process and strive to protect our clients’ investments by carefully thinking through and detailing solutions that suit their needs.
LEED and Passive House Certifications and Awards:
• Village Centre Apartments, Brewer, ME. Maine first Passive House certified large-scale development and the first large-scale cold-climate Passive House certified project in America. Completed 2015. PHIUS Passive House Projects Competition, Multifamily – Winner 2016
• CEI Central Office, Brunswick, ME. Awarded LEED Platinum certification by the USGBC, CEI was Awarded Completed 2015
• Elm Terrace, Renovation and New Construction Addition, Portland, ME. Maine’s first LEED Platinum certified Historic Preservation Tax Credit Project. Completed 2013
• Oak Street Lofts, Maine’s first LEED Platinum Affordable Housing Project. New Construction, Portland, Maine. New England Real Estate Journal’s Green Building Project of the Month, July 2012; USGBC–LEED for Homes 2012 Outstanding Developer Award; Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Award in Green Housing. Completed 2012
• Maine Hall Apartments at the former Bangor Theological Seminary, Bangor, ME. Maine’s first LEED Silver Historic Preservation Affordable Housing Project. Maine Preservation Award: 2012
• Coca-Cola Packaging Plant, Atlanta, GA. Awarded LEED Gold certification by the USGBC. Completed 2011